Hello everyone! This is a new blog and we will be filling this section with bloggy-type content. Let us know what you would like to see. Are you an author and have something to share with our visitors? Are you a reader and have a brilliant book that you would like to write a review for? Do you have a connection with the Beacon Villages area. Let us know!
Exciting news! BeaconLit is running a new 500-word (maximum) competition, called BeaconFlash, in collaboration with Morgen Bailey.
See the 500-word Competition page for more details and to enter but the basics are:
- The deadline is the last day of every month from July to May, with the theme being that month (i.e. December’s theme is December so you can write about anything associated with, or that happens in, December);
- The maximum word count is 500 words (no minimum but there must be a start, middle, and end… or open-ended with a hint at a conclusion);
- a £2 fee per story entered.
- The results announced at the literary festival, i.e. opens July 2017 ends each month up to the end of May 2018 with the results being announced at the 14th July 2018 festival.
- Prizes: £50 plus free festival entry, £25 plus free festival entry, 8 x free festival entry. The first competition’s prizes will be presented at the 2018 festival so the ‘free entry’ will apply to the 2019 festival.
We are delighted to announce that the ‘Poirot’ star and thriller writer HUGH FRASER among first names announced for BeaconLit 2017.
Hugh Fraser, perhaps best known as ‘Captain Hastings’ from ITV’s ‘Agatha Christie’s Poirot’ series, is also an accomplished thriller writer and is amongst those taking part in BeaconLit 2017, taking place on Saturday 8 July 2017 in Brookmead School, Ivinghoe, Bucks, UK.
Others taking part include: hot new authors to watch Steph Broadribb, Harriet Cummings and Clare Swatman (pictured left to right below); publisher Karen Sullivan, powerhouse ower of award-winning Orenda Books; BBC Oxford presenter and interviewer extraordinaire Adina Campbell; author and uber-blogger Morgen Bailey; and crime writer and BeaconLit founder Dave Sivers.
Plenty more exciting names are in the pipeline, so save the date and watch this space!